SIMPLE WAY TO TIE A TIE
In this "how to" video, we will show you how to tie a tie using the 'four in hand' technique.
This simple tie is easy to learn - and a lot less complicated than the traditional windsor knot, despite looking the same to the untrained eye.
After an initial run through, the video repeats each step involved in creating the knot several times - and includes simple text slides (written in plain English) explaining each step.
We've also copied the steps below, just in case you are still tying yourself up in knots:
How to create a 'four in one' tie knot:
- Lift your collar up
- Place the tie around your neck, with the wide end of the tie on your left shoulder and the narrow end of the tie on you right
- Cross the wide end of the tie over the narrow end to make an X shape.
- Now, take the wide end and wrap it around the back of the X, and then bring it back around the front of the knot, from left to right
- Next, pull the wide end up over the top of the knot
- And feed the wide end down through the knot
- Finally, while holding the knot, tighten by alternating between the wide and narrow ends until it's in position.